Or so Cyndi Lauper said!
Did you know Billions of pounds are given to charities every year, but most of this money finds its way to the highest profile names – which leaves smaller organisations without the power of well known brands struggling to survive? As disposable income remains low for many of us this undoubtedly has an impact on smaller, local charities and community groups. These are the lynch pins at the heart of a community, which can often make a huge difference to those who fall through the cracks of traditional services. These are the charities that don’t enjoy the benefits of celebrity endorsements or significant corporate backing. Like us, these charities rely on donations from their immediate community and the volunteered time of the local community.
By supporting a smaller, local Charity you even a modest donation can have a major impact. Money given to smaller charities is far less likely to have to go through the bureaucracy of the bigger charities, being used for admin costs and expensive marketing campaigns, for example.
Cyril Flint have an active fundraising programme and easy to access (and secure!) ways to donate online. There’s lots of ways to get involved!
And if making a financial donation isn’t possible perhaps you can help us in other ways.
We are currently looking for:
- Daredevils and thrill seekers to take part in a charity bungee jump, there’s no upfront cost for participants as long as you can reach your fundraising target
- Good quality Bric-a-Brac and books to sell at Fundraising Fairs
- Cakes and tray bakes – any keen bakers please get in touch!
- Anyone that can host a collection tin or bucket in your shop/office etc
- Businesses that places lots of online orders (stationary/other goods etc) – every purchase can help raise money for free via easyfundraising.
Or perhaps you are a local business looking to focus employee fundraising for those who don’t have a cause in mind when they run a marathon or host a dress down day. There’s also fantastic branding opportunities on offer in return for comparatively little investment compared with typical marketing activity.
For more information and more details of how you can help please visit our Fundraising Page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m off to dig out more ’80’s CD’s now………..